CROMWELL COLLEGE WATERSPORT CENTRE
Located on the shores of Lake Dunstan, Cromwell College has established a Watersport Centre to deliver educational programmes that teach water safety and water based recreation skills to people of all ages and abilities.
Living in New Zealand where access to lakes, river and the ocean is readily available, it is important for people to learn how to recreate safely and to develop the skills to enjoy this amazing resource at your fingertips.
McNulty Inlet provides a safe and fun environment for people to experience a range of water sports including Sailing, Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding. The Centre is available for hire to all school and other groups from Year 5 students up.
There are two hiring options;
1. Make a booking – The centre provides you with a programme based on your primary objectives for your trip.We contract instructors to deliver the programme.
2. Dry Hire – You hire the facility for your group and follow the Cromwell College Watersport Centre safety management systems and operate within the recommended safety limits. (We don’t provide instructors for dry hire)
The facility includes;
• A two story building on the water front.
• Upstairs there is a double sized classroom equipped with tables, chairs and a whiteboard
• A large balcony that overlooks McNulty Inlet
• A full size kitchen which includes fridge/freezer, oven, microwave, cutlery, tea and coffee facilities.
• Downstairs there is changing rooms, toilets and hot showers
• Full Size BBQ
• Access to a boat ramp.
• The facility is fully fenced for security
• 90 Lifejackets ranging in sizes
• 10 Topper Yachts – suitable for one or two learners or experienced students from age 10 to adult.
• 5 Optimist Yachts – small one person yachts suitable for primary age students.
• 6 Sunburst Yachts – two-person yacht for intermediate or experienced sailors.
• 1 Coronet Yacht – This is an open-topped dropped keel yacht, capable of taking up to eight people.
• 22 Sit on Top Kayaks
• 5 inflatable Paddle boards
• 5 large fibreglass Paddle boards
• 10 Windsurf boards and sails – suitable for secondary students and older.
• 1 Naiad Chase Boat – only to be used by approved/certified boat operators.
Should you have any further inquiries or wish to make a booking please email,